David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Wednesday 7 September 2022

Bought on a Whim, Parte the Laste..

I'd like to show you the last of the purchases I made on a whim while wandering around Partizan back at the beginning of the summer. Some of you will probably recognise these three pieces, but for those who don't they are from Empress Miniatures' Anglo-Zulu War range and are sold as a mounted/dismounted version of the 'Prince Imperial'.

I have no idea why I bought it. I arrived in front of their stand with a list of two packs from their Indian Mutiny range, honestly, and just saw the figures and asked for them. Completely unplanned, definitely not wanted, but there you are. Even stranger than that, I'd almost sold my collection on last year, given that we never decide to play the period nowadays it seems. Anyway, passing by on the subject of my unexplained impulse buy, here are the two versions. He will make a useful British officer in any future games if nothing else ~

When I think about it now, I'm still at a loss as to why I bought this pack. I can only conclude we are a strange group in this hobby...


6 comments:

  1. A rescue the Prince Imperial scenario perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, read ‘Captain Carey’s Blunder’ years ago about his death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George! How's retirement shaping up?

      Delete
  3. They are nice looking toys David…
    That would be reason enough for me ( it frequently is)

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Aly. I think we are all a bit given to that behaviour if we are honest with ourselves.

      Delete