David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Friday 18 March 2022

The Old Empty Barn...

 ...was, well, empty. I assembled and painted this 15mm MDF  Empires At War barn last month, but had to wait to get it based as I'd nothing in stock to fit! After I had finished the rebasing of all the cavalry for my Wars of the French Revolution collection this was but a gentle little warm down effort. Not much else I can say about it really ~ 

The firm's kits are new to me and are somewhat different to the ones I'm used to, but after a bit of thought and fiddle I managed without too much cursing. The outer walls are embossed board, cut to fit over an MDF shell, with the exception of the roof . I hope in due course to paint up the livestock I bought from Pendraken at Hammerhead to give some semblance of life to the farms.

My order placed at Hammerhead of three small German buildings from Warbases arrived on Saturday. A big disappointment to me as the kits seemed incomplete and one was missing, the third being a duplicate of the second. Martin got back to me straight away on Saturday, but since then, nowt... Most unlike their usual excellent customer interface. That leaves me at a bit of a loose end as I've no figures in the Lead Pimple cleaned up and prepared for painting...

8 comments:

  1. Nice work David, my own workload has now increased both figure wise and with maps after a couple of quiet weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get cracking on then or else those pesky customers will be bothering you.

      Delete
  2. Nice David we all need lots of barns !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another yet to make as it happens.

      Delete
  3. Neatly done Herr Barratstein, forgot you had this I could have supplied "stuff" to fill it until yesterday 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed you could, Stuffer old bean, indeed you could.

      Delete
  4. That’s a nice little building David…
    I’d not heard of them before.. but they look like they have an interesting range…

    All the best. Aly

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aly. They have a different approach to kits if this is typical. Slightly more fiddly to make than say Warbases or LaserCraftArt but a pleasing result for the effort I felt.

      Delete