David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Monday 21 March 2022

Alter Martens Bauernhof

A couple of shots of my Warbases' 15mm German Rural Buildings by way of a preview. 
From left to right the buildings are the German Rural house and the two farm outbuildings. I didn't buy the fourth building, the barn, as it was too large for my taste, so I will utilise the barn I featured in an earlier post from Empires At War. I shall have a base cut to size I hope to collect at Partizan in May.

A view from the other side of the table showing the nicely cut timber frame effect for one gable end and upper storey side face of the farmhouse. Perhaps an alternative kit with timber framing for all the upper sides might provide the gamer with a second choice?

As you'd expect from Warbases these are lovely little kits which assemble very easily, although in my kits there were two minor cutting errors. I got around both with a little fix, neither of which shows in the finished buildings. I've alerted Martin to these and no doubt they will be rectified by now.

 

12 comments:

  1. They have scrubbed up rather well, they will make a fine farm complex indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. You'll get a closer look later today.

      Delete
  2. Very nice David, coming along well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice preview shots there David and I look forward to seeing them in a game at some point in the not too distant future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very nice buildings David…
    And nicely turned out…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will do for me in this tiny scale.

      Delete
  5. Nice buildings. They should work out in lots of games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well suited to SYW onwards I would think.

      Delete
  6. A nice little hamlet , peaceful at least at the moment 👍

    ReplyDelete