David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Friday 25 June 2021

Book Sniffer Pursuivant, 2nd Class

 While we were down in Devon enjoying a holiday with good friends Phil and Di we visited Greenway, Agatha Christie's home, now in the care of the National Trust. Like many Trust properties it boasts a decent Second Hand Book Shop. I sniffed two books: Connolly's Greece and Rome at War and Wellington at War in the Peninsula ~


Both books for £4, which I calls a bargain! Did I need either book? Not really I must confess, but the Connolly will be useful to Matt in his design work and the Peninsular War one just interested me. No accounting for taste, as they say... Why 2nd Class you might ask? Simples! I can't hold a candle to Phil's book sniffing prowess.

6 comments:

  1. I think my sniffing skill has been snuffed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G&R at War is a great book. Funnily enough, I gave mine away to the Eagle bookshop years ago when downsizing along with many others. Then I bought a second-hand one years later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tis ever the way; sold, regretted, hunted down and bought again. Been there, done that, etc...

      Delete
  3. Well ‘sniffed’ David…
    Greece and Rome at war is a lovely book…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sniffing I'm pleased by I must confess.

      Delete