David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Friday 28 August 2020

Three Carthaginian War Elephants.

Between us Phil and I have completed the three war elephants for my Punic Wars project. Just to recap, Phil painted the elephants and I painted the crew figures and did the basing. The elephants and the crew are by A&A Miniatures, the shield transfers from LBM, and the MDF bases from Warbases. Firstly, the third elephant in close up. I added the officer in place of the pike armed figure. I think he is from A&A, but I'm not entirely sure ~
Now, all three together. They will make quite an impressive sight I hope on the tabletop in future games.
Next in line are some Carthaginian Command bases. I've named the general already, Taxidermes Bicca. After all, I'm regularly being stuffed in games here in GHQ of late...

12 comments:

  1. An awe inspiring sight indeed, looking forward to their first outing, hold that, will I be the Romans? Then perhaps not🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly make an impressive sight and can't wait to see them in action. Let's hope they don't succumb to first night nerves...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the response SteveJ. I too hope they'll do the job in games!

      Delete
  3. You're really piling through this project David. What rules have you opted for? My next ancient army will probably be one of the Successor armies preferably with elephants, especially now Ive seen yours. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie! We use the Neil Thomas's Ancient and Medieval Wargames rules with our own mods. They are on the sidebar of Phil's blog.

      Delete
  4. They look excellent and are encouraging me back to my punic Wars project
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Nice to know it has encouraged you to plough on with your own project.

      Delete
  5. Nice to see the elephants ready for battle.......war elephants are also fun 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to them trampling on some Romans, hopefully not on my Carthaginian army!

      Delete
  6. Elephants are always a special "Ancient" treat to have and behold, and these are lovwely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they will be special, but if not they will be good to look at on the battlefield if nothing else.

      Delete