David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Wednesday 12 August 2020

A second Carthaginian elephant.

On Monday I collected the second Carthaginian war elephant which Phil had painted for me. The crew of three, together with a couple of casualty figures, were already at the highlighting stage, so I knuckled down and finished them off straight away. The elephant and all the figures are from A&A Miniatures, though I've added a Roman shield from Aventine Miniatures to one figure. The shield transfers are from LBM of course and the MDF base from Warbases ~
Phil tells me the third elephant will have a yellow cloth scheme and a sun forehead decoration. I don't have any news though as to when this third one will be ready to add the crew and casualties on the base, so in the meantime it's on with some Foundry Spanish Caetrarti which I bought along with the Celtic cavalry a while back. Phil had some LBM shield transfers left over from a commission, and although not designed for the figures they fit quite well. As he's wont to say, "They will do!"

14 comments:

  1. Splendidly completed there Mr.B. Jumbo three all Milliputted ready to prime once hardened off. Avanti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I say vicar, that is rather nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely animated elephant! He looks great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. A splendid joint effort on Nellie number two...

    All the best. Aly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More credit to Phil really than to me, but I try! Thanks Aly!

      Delete
  5. What a lovely looking elephant!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's done a cracking job David and I really like the way you have done the base. It tells a story, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil is a good painter, but has shown a real talent when it came to painting elephants, far better than I could manage. Thanks though for the kind words on how it's drawn together.

      Delete