David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Thursday 17 February 2022

Terrasse von Haus und Geschäft

 The second of the terraced buildings is completed, and with it the first phase of the 15mm terrain needed for the Cold War Gone Hot project. The piece comprises a third terraced house and an end of terrace shop. As with the first piece I've tried to vary the look of the gardens while keeping the buildings themselves consistent with the first pair. See what you think anyway ~

Front elevation: I've misplaced my German shop signs Phil downloaded for me from the Rapid Fire! website. When I remember where they are I'll fit the name sign!
The side elevation giving a view of these two gardens. I thought the German equivalent of Arkwright might save a few Phenigs by growing his own veg! My poor representation of a vegetable garden will have to suffice.
The rear elevation shows that his neighbour just has lawned the lot! Somewhere for the kinder to play perhaps? Or does he help himself to his neighbour's veg?

Finally a second view of the other side elevation. Along with the misplaced shop signage are some 1980's German advertising I found by web searches. I plan to fit one on this side wall and another on the matching pair of houses in the Gartenterrasse.

In my next post on the project I hope to show the prototype layout for the game table that I mentioned previously. Not sure when that will be, lots going on besides hobby related stuff.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice the town is growing like Topsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil! That's Phase one completed for now. Phase 2 will be the Factory post Hammerhead and base from Warbases. Perhaps later Phase 3 might see a second farm, a fast food outlet and a Service Station, if I can find one that is.

      Delete
  2. Nice work David and I look forward to seeing the layout as and when time permits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SteveJ, hopefully that'll be over the weekend, Eustice permitting of course!

      Delete
  3. As usual Dave, very nice work! I'm sure the signs will set them off a treat. The project seems to be bounding along at a tremendous rate... well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More fine looking properties David…
    I wish my garden looked as tidy as theirs…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aly! You need the services of Ground Farce then in your own garden?

      Delete