David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Saturday 12 October 2019

Flagging?

A couple of posts back I mentioned my aborted order for some Militia flags for the War of 1812-15. If you recall I baulked at the £6.00 P&P charge! Well, we pensioners need to watch our pennies you know! I solved my flag needs by a few minutes browsing on the net and a few more on a desk top publishing program. And here are the two sheets I came up with, essentially for free ~
Now obviously they are not in the same quality bracket as those from Flags of War or GMB Designs, but they will look just fine on the table when viewed at gaming distance. I've already deployed one for the Foundry New York Militia I'm working slowly on at the moment. Hopefully you can see that next week sometime when the unit is completed. They will do, as someone I know well might say.

16 comments:

  1. They look absolutely fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David thay are only militia so the flags look fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only Militia? They are often my only decent performers!

      Delete
  3. Just back from flagging :~)
    They do the job and some I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful what you can do with modern technology and a bit of effort, nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, I'm pleased to solve my flag issue.

      Delete
  6. A new wargaming business is formed....just don’t charge £6 postage 🙂 nice work

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look fine to me David...
    I really enjoy putting my own flags together...
    I am often surprised by how much information you can find on the web...

    All the best. Aly

    Oh! And of course... I like the free bit.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the encouragement Aly. Oh, and I concur as to the free bit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "The flagging will continue until Morale improves..." :-)

    Very nicely done, David!

    ReplyDelete