David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Tuesday 12 March 2013

There's no place like home...

...at least for Ono Onomoro! I've been working for the last few days on the Japanese buildings, walls and extras I bought last year for my Samurai skirmish project. Here are a few pictures hastily assembled to show my progress to date. The buildings and walls are from John Jenkins Designs, while the outdoor 'facility' and the lanterns are by Oshiro. The figures are by Museum Miniatures and Perry Miniatures.
I'm working at the moment on the JJD large Samurai house, which is quite complex to paint I'm finding, and also a Tori arch which I got from Grand Manner. The buildings currently inside the walled enclosure will be used to represent a small farm, with the large house taking their place in the enclosure. I also have the JJD Temple to paint, which can be free standing or placed within the enclosure {I've two more wall sections to finish to accommodate the Temple.}
My choice of JJD buildings over Oshiro's was made only on cost, having rejected the Hovels buildings as not quite what I wanted for the project. The removable roof sections of the JJD buildings seemed most suitable too for a skirmish game.









 


 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Greate looking minis and terrain, exellent pictures !

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. 良いOno Onomoro 探してあなたの先祖はあなたを誇りに思うでしょう

    ReplyDelete
  3. ありがとうロビンの息子。

    ReplyDelete