David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Saturday 3 December 2011

The spirit is willing, but...

...the flesh is weak. At least I can blame the ravages of jet lag for the complete absence of any muse since I finished the ACW Union Army command base earlier in the week. I do have all the basic colours on the five figures for the Rebs' Army command base, its just that every time I sit down at my desk I seem to be distracted into something else entirely. Take this morning for example: up bright and early determined to do something to those Reb figures. Result? Cleaned up and sprayed white the figures I got at Yesterday's Foundry Open Day from the twelve baskets of 'Bargain Blisters' on offer. Now I have three bases of Mutineer infantry; six bases of SYW British Infantry and a BHA Limber set ~ the latter an early Christmas present from my wife {Thanks, Sue!} I even spent some time rummaging through the dozens of boxes of odd pots of Foundry Three Colour Paint System and came away with several metal colours sets, to replace my almost exhausted Valejo pots! But crucially, still no more paint on those darned Rebs...

Instead here, as they say on 'Blue Peter', are some I did earlier...

British & HEIC cavalry charge forward: a shot from an earlier IM battle in our Byklabad Campaign.


My SYW British troops in action at a Foundry Open Day earlier in 2011

In fact not even a drubbing from Jon in a Sudan War game on Thursday could shake me out of my painting torpor. So, here's a final picture for today's post which proves, to me at least, that I used to paint...
Perry Miniatures Camel Corps
As a result of this extended period of complete inability to finish the job in hand as I type this Blog entry I can still see from the corner of my eye those five Reb figures glowering at me from the desk. I really will have to brace myself to finish them off. Perhaps after tea tonight....or perhaps not. Oh well....
David

No comments:

Post a Comment