David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Thursday 22 August 2013

"Moore's Murcheson Marvels"

Not much has happened here in GHQ for the past two weeks, mostly I have to say because I've had far better things to do entertaining our friends Pam and Chris from Adelaide and showing them the sites around and about. The highlights I think were a day out at the Black Country Living Museum, a day at Stokesay Castle in Shropshire ~ get there if you have not been ~ and a visit to Hack Green Nuclear Command Bunker in Cheshire, via the RAF Museum at Cosford ~  stark reminders for those of us of a certain age of the Cold War and its ever present threat of nuclear annihilation.
As an antidote to any lingering gloomy thoughts of nuclear Armageddon I'd like to show the one thing I did paint recently, together with some odds and ends not seen previously in the Rhanzlistan Field Force posts. First up, the Pulp Miniatures Jazz Quartet, the 'Moore's Murcheson Marvels' of the post's title. Joe Moore picked them up at Historicon for me and Dave Paddock posted them across the pond, together with some She Wolves from the same manufacturer which he'd got for me at the same convention  ~



















Next up, the Royal Geographical Society Expedition to Rhanzlistan, featuring Pulp Miniatures and a Copplestone figure as the Expedition leader, Major Reginald Utterly-Barrkin. The kilted figure is the former Gordon Highlander, Captain Calder, inventor of the waterproof sporran ~















Then there's the intrepid RFC pilot, Captain Bikklesworth, again a Copplestone figure ~



















And finally, two figures from Pulp Miniatures again, the command base for the Royal Surrey Regiment. I've also finished six figures for the first base of rank and file, but the bases need texturing and the whole varnishing before you get to see them ~


















I hope to get back into the swing and finish off the RFF project before the end of September. I've got some Brigade Games British cavalry to finish and then the Russian Mission to Rhanzlistan. I still need to sort out some other cavalry, hopefully some mounted Bhurpas from Empress, and some sort of Mountain Gun ~ I like the Brigade Games one but can't really afford it just yet. Oh well....

2 comments:

  1. Cracking figures sir!
    I it at the Black Country Museum - must go back for another visit soon...

    ReplyDelete