David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Tuesday 17 January 2017

Recent Additions

A brief look at the recent additions to the forces in GHQ. Firstly some American mounted militia for the AWI. They were painted for me by Phil at the end of last year, but were quarantined until last week! They are Perry Miniatures of course. There is another unit underway I'm told now, of Loyalist cavalry, but we'll have to wait to see how they turn out ~















Next, some Great War Miniatures I've been working on for our joint 1914 project. They are extra battalion Command Stands for my British infantry battalions in the main. The only reason the two Scottish battalion command stands have an extra figure is that there are six figures in the command pack and I only have two Scottish battalions! I don't like to waste figures if I can help it!




























The two spare figures from the other command pack have been used for a dismounted officer for the second cavalry regiment and an entirely superfluous Army Command vignette!! The latter has no real purpose other than to fill a space on the baseline in a game. The double table and the two chairs are from Irregular Miniatures. I have found their bits ranges more and more useful in recent projects. The map, notes and newspaper are all period and theatre correct, downloaded after a Google search or ten and sized to fit before printing out. Now, who's a nerd... ~



















The mounted figure from the other command pack will serve as intended as a staff officer ~



















Now it's on to the Foundry figures I bought at the end of last year to finish my fourth Demi Brigade de Ligne, depicting the 2/5th. So far, four are done, 4 more are underway and 12 are left to start. Broken down like that it seems more manageable to me!!!

16 comments:

  1. Great stuff old chum, that army command vignette is particularly splendid, you just need to do the chateau now ;~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No time to loiter in a chateau, got the Hun to trounce you know old chap!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic, the command stand is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, I'm quite pleased with it myself if I'm honest.

      Delete
  3. Wow lots of new stuff all at once.........the map on the table is upside down !😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pedant Alert!!! Glad you liked the new stuff though Matt!

      Delete
    2. Sorry I couldn't resist....your extra effort was worth it as the command stand is brilliant 😀

      Delete
  4. All very nice, I do like those WWI chaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you George. Liked your new Romans too.

      Delete
  5. Well count me a nerd then, because I love the map! Very fine work all around David!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We nerds must stick together Christopher.

      Delete
  6. That command group is rather spiffing old chap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jon. Good to meet up and chat at the recent Penkridge TT Sale.

      Delete
  7. Found your post interesting to read. I cant wait to see your post soon. Good Luck for the upcoming update.This article is really very interesting and effective.
    free paypal gift card codes 2019

    ReplyDelete