David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Thursday, 13 August 2026

The Kindness of Friends...

...is a constant theme in this wonderful hobby of ours I find. Last week Phil presented me with a small box. It contained a few figures, he said, which would be useful for my nostalgia driven War of the Spanish Succession project. Opening it up back home revealed four finished figures and two others. The finished figures comprised: a mounted Dutch general by Ebor Miniatures; a mounted British general by Dixon Miniatures; two British officers on foot ~ one by Ebor Miniatures, the other by Dixon Miniatures. The two other figures were both drummers, one by Ebor Miniatures and one by Dixon Miniatures, always useful for filling out command stands or vignettes.

I have combined the three British figures to make a command stand for my planned first British infantry brigade. "Lord Rawnsley receives the latest news from Captain Watkiss, while Colonel Bykleigh looks on." ~

I have almost completed the Danish battery of 12lb guns, just a few highlights and then the bases to texture, colour wash and vegetate. I still hope to have these finished and blogged for Monday, if this heat ever eases that is. 

1 comment:

  1. Your eye for setting a scene has displayed them in fine style.

    ReplyDelete