Monday, 10 August 2026

Prins Carls Infantry Regiment...

...finally musters in and joins its compatriots in GHQ. The figures are from Wargames Foundry's venerable range sculpted by the Perrys. The flags are from David's Moffit's excellent blog, Not by Appointment, and the bases as ever are from Warbases. I hope my loyal reader will approve of the finished unit ~

The third base which completed the regiment proved a slow job in the midst of the organised chaos of decorating.

I've already started the first of the two 12lb guns and three artillerymen to serve the gun. I'd hope to complete both by next weekend now the chaos of the decorating is but a haggard memory...

I have the third Danish infantry regiment to complete the brigade I planned. I can't start them as yet however, I'm waiting on three replacement figures from Wargames Foundry. After over 40 years as a customer I got a pack with three figures from a completely different code. They should be sorted this week I hope ready to join the queue in the Lead Pimple!

20 comments:

  1. A very nicely turnout and arranged addition to the WSS project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Phil! See you in Burma on Thursday.

      Delete
  2. Very nice indeed, great to see the completed regiment all together, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This loyal reader is much impressed David!
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased you were delighted by this unit, the last base took me ages.

      Delete
  4. Always good to see this period covered. I've some of these figures and they still look good to me.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would look better with buttons on the cuffs though!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks for such a fulsome endorsement Christopher.

      Delete
  6. Lovely stuff David…
    The red command figures really make the unit stand out…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aly. Not entirely happy with my reds. Maybe a darker brown base coat rather than deep red.

      Delete
  7. very eye catching and plenty of presence .... perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm, nice to have your endorsement.

      Delete
  8. I certainly do approve David, its a fab looking unit and David's flags finish them off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray, much appreciated of course.

      Delete
  9. They look wonderful Dave! Stunning work indeed sir!
    You,ve shown yet again just what can be achieved in such a relatively short period, in less than ideal conditions! inspiration for us all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your fulsome support is very welcome Paul, thank you.

      Delete
  10. A very fine unit! I think the Danes are some of my favourite troops of the period and your unit has certainly done them justice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind of you David, much appreciated, thank you.

      Delete